February 24, 2010

Berlin Dreamhouses


 

This house, in Berlin, combines elements of the new and the traditional in a way I've never quite seen before. The muted green tiles allow the rather distinct design to blend in with its more conservative neighbors.

The organic placement of the windows on the exterior reminds me of the Whitney in NYC.
 

 
The green them is continued in an especially relaxing Japanese-style bathroom.


The intense pop of blue provided by the armchair is tempered by a paler shade on the wall.


I was especially intrigued my the owner- architect's idea that his house is his "three-dimensional business card." This seems very much in line with my belief that a home should embody completely not only one's interests, but also one's abilities.


More pictures and original article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment