June 13, 2010

The dish that almost caused Sweden to lose its cool


When I was couchsurfing in Stockholm in February, I narrowly averted a catastrophe of mega proportions on the international scale.
You see, me, the country bumpkin electro-technolophobe mistook a removeable stovetop cover for ultracool innovation and decided to boil water. On top of glass.
Fast forward to a great explosion, minor panic attack, and treatable but significant finger injury.
Aftershocks were minimized with copious amounts of red wine, and I managed to collect my wits enough to finish making dinner. Which was this, recreated here in the safety of my own kitchen on a decidedly more user-friendly convection stove.

Mushroom Strog and Pasta

For one or two people

1 cup of fun pasta
1/2 pound mushrooms
1 small leek (white part)
1 tbsp creme fraiche
parsley


Boil water.
Throw in pasta.


Meanwhile, slice mushrooms and leeks.


Saute away- use butter if possible.
Add creme fraiche and heat until warm.


Spoon that junk over your pasta and add parsley. Whaaaat. That was easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment