May 30, 2010

Prochaine Arret


I didn't have much on my plate this weeekend- rain+ malaise = a good dent made into Twin Peaks season 2. I did leave the bed for a few hours on Saturday and took the train into Geneva. I don't usually remember to bring my camera with me, but I did this time!




The cathedral, an architectural hot mess.


It's kinda neo-classical meets romanesque meets gothic revival meets whatever's leftover in the fridge.


But there is a pretty sweet Art Deco-ish organ!




One of my favorite and most frequented areas of Geneva is Plainpalais. It's close to the University and young and bustling with people. Here you can find an awesome English bookstore, some really cool art galleries and design stores, a cute disco-colored restaurant that I found once and can never find again, a flea market on Saturdays, and the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, as well as the folk art museum. Oh yeah, and l'Usine where I go to concerts! Above, a picture of the candy-colored synagogue.


A little nudity, cause, well, we're in Europe.


And now for the Mysteries of Geneva- this place, on an island in the lake, I can never figure it out. Sometimes there are lights on in there, sometimes there are people, and sometimes it looks deader than ever. I have no idea what this place is, and it's not for lack of trying! I've attempted to get in many of times, but can't seem to figure out where the door is. Any clues, fellow Genevans?

No comments:

Post a Comment