May 17, 2010

Greece is, hellas, no more


Last week, I spent five days in Thessaloniki visiting my friend Monika, who is Erasmusing there.


My visit came at a time when Greece was a star-player in the news, due to its heavy economic troubles and some light civil unrest.




Honestly, it was hard to see anything wrong with the economy, or the country. The pace and the people were relaxed, partying and enjoying life and the lovely weather.











My friends and I marching in a row by the side of the road after our car broke down.
The next day, our license plates were removed by the police.




But we finally made it to the beach!









The best part of the trip were Monika and Carlos, who made sure my stay in Thessaloniki was wonderful and full of adventure. Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment